Many Bloomington, MN homeowners are choosing to switch to a ductless mini split air conditioner. Minnesota Plumbing and Heating can help you decide if a ductless air conditioner is right for you. With a century of experience in the area, we know exactly what homeowners need to make their homes efficient and safe.
Take a look at our latest customer testimonials and reviews from people who have worked with us in the past to find out what to expect when you call.
How Does a Ductless Mini Split System Work?
Unlike traditional air conditioners, a ductless mini split system does not rely on ductwork to transport conditioned air. Instead, this type of unit uses a large condenser unit attached to numerous small air handlers located in each room of the home via copper wiring. It’s estimated that up to 30 percent of your cooling power is lost in the ductwork. By eliminating the ducts, you will experience increased efficiency as well as other great benefits such as control over the temperature of individual rooms! This way, ductless mini split systems can prove to be the best choice for varied preference in room temperature, offering maximum comfort for you and your family.
7 Reasons to Choose a Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner
Some of the most significant benefits of installing a ductless mini split in your home include:
- Energy Efficient - Up to 30% of space conditioning energy is lost in the air ducts. With no ducts, this unit increases overall performance.
- Quiet and Peaceful - The condenser is outside, so you won’t be annoyed by the sound of your unit. Most systems are quieter than a standard fan.
- Affordable - In many cases, a ductless A/C system can save you money on your
energy bill and installation.
- Secure - The unit fits securely outside the home, reducing your need to leave a
- Sleek - The air handlers can be mounted on a wall or a ceiling almost anywhere in the zone you are targeting. This allows flexibility with interior design.
- Easy To Install - Unlike cumbersome traditional cooling units, ductless A/C systems
come with simple hookups.
- Convenient - Most mini split A/C systems can be controlled with a remote.
Is a Ductless AC the Right Choice for Your Home?
Not sure if a ductless mini split system is right for you? Consider these factors, then decide.
- Some older homes cannot support ductwork so ductless is the preferred technique
- Individualized control for each area that has a ductless unit in it
- Each indoor unit operates independently providing “zoning”
- With no ductwork; there is no impact to interior space of the home
- Quick Installation; can take only 4 hours in some applications
- Provides the home both air conditioning and heating from units
- Most energy efficient option available
Still not sure? Ask the experts at Minnesota Plumbing and Heating if a ductless mini split installation is right for you.
Discover more ways to save with our latest exclusive online coupons and deals.
Small Duct vs. Large Duct Models
Small Duct AC
- Large ducts may not fit in the home, making small duct perfect for the home
- Least noticeable installation from inside the living space: almost unnoticeable
- Can customize which rooms receive cooling and which rooms don’t
- Increased humidity removal over a traditional large duct system
Large Duct AC
- Most affordable option available
- Quiet operation due to large ducts being used
- Reliable cooling
- Simple Installation
- Able to add heating as an option to this system
Ductless Systems for Older Homes
Plenty of homes in the Twin Cities were built before air conditioning was popular and, therefore, do not have ductwork in place. So, if your home was built without ducts necessary for many modern air conditioners, what options are you left with?
Option 1: Have ductwork installed in your home in order to retrofit a central air conditioner. However, some older homes are unable to have ductwork installed and for those where it is a possibility, it can be labor intensive and expensive.
Option 2: Install a ductless heating and air conditioning system. These modern and energy-efficient units allow homeowners to heat and cool their homes with no ductwork necessary.
Need some guidance? The HVAC pros at Minnesota Plumbing and Heating can help you weigh your options and make the right decision for your home.
Ductless Mini Splits for Homes With Radiators
Ductless systems are a not only great option for homes that are unable to be retrofitted with ductwork, but for those which use radiators for heating. Since radiators provide consistent and cost-effective heating, why replace what’s not broken?
In these cases, a ductless air conditioner can be installed while keeping the radiator in place for heating. Ductless mini splits can be easily installed in a variety of rooms and will not interfere with water lines or other fixtures connected to the radiator.
Combining a radiator with a ductless air conditioner can be a great option for heating and cooling your home without ruining its historic charm.
Who’s Your Ductless Mini Split Installation Contractor?
For more than 100 years, Minnesota Plumbing and Heating has been providing honest service and exceptional workmanship. When looking for an HVAC company you can trust, you're sure to find that we are the best in Bloomington!
Our always honest upfront pricing ensures that you have peace of mind about the cost of your ductless mini split system installation. In fact, we won't even begin work until you feel 100% comfortable with the work we're doing and how much it costs.
You can trust our licensed and insured HVAC contractors to come up with personalized services to fit your needs. Just as each ductless AC system is different, so is every ductless AC system repair or installation.
Call Minnesota Plumbing and Heating today to speak with a reliable HVAC technician.